Monday, January 12, 2009

Introduction to Face Painting


Hi, and thanks for considering Cheeky Designs for your party needs.


ABOUT ME:
My name is Gretchen Ort, I'm 26, and am mom to 3 wonderful little girls.
I started face painting at a friends suggestion and have been painting for almost 3 years now.
I spent my early months of work focused on painting small children. I am so glad for that now because I acquired the patience and skill (steady hand) to work with small, impatient, and wiggly little kiddos. I love what I do and it shows in my work and interaction with the kids.
MY PAINT:
When looking for a face painter, it is crucial that you pay special attention to the paint being used. Not all paint is treated equally. Only FDA approved, cosmetic theatric make-up is supposed to be used for face/body art. Snazaroo, Paradise, Kryolan, Wolfe Bros., Ben Nye, and Star Blend are the only ones I recommend. Any other is likely to leave traces of paint in the pores of the skin causing a reaction. I personally use Paradise Paints only. I have had zero issues in almost 3 yrs with this product. Also, I only use cosmetic glitter, made for body art. If you have any more questions, please contact me. I'd be glad to answer any of your questions about this.
DISCOUNTS:
I appreciate all the things our schools and churches do for our communities, and because of this, I offer a deep discount for those organizations. Any function, and anytime of the season. I will also consider charity work when my schedule allows.
BELLY EMBELLISHMENTS:
In the summer of 05' I discovered the unique art of "Belly Embellishments".
Pregnancy is such a blessed time and we now have so many options for preserving our memories of our unborn child. "Belly Embellishments" is the painting of the pregnant belly. I do this for professional portrait sessions, baby showers, and so much more. The designs are limitless, and usually inspired by the mother. I prefer to paint between 6 and 8 months gestation to allow for just the right shape. Please feel free to contact me for more information about this emerging art, or take a look at the Belly Embellishments post for some examples.
PRICES AND OPTIONS:
For Face Painting, the price is the same for Cheek Art, Masks, and Full Face Designs. The difference is time needed. IE:
Cheek Art- covers 1/2 of the face or less. I can paint appx. 25 an hour.
Masks- covers half the face typically. I can paint appx. 15 an hour.
Full Face- covers 3/4 of the face or more. I can paint appx. 10 an hour.

Face painting, within a 25 mile radius of Richardson, is $75.00 an hour. I have a one hour minimum. If outside of 25 miles, I will require a $10.00 gas fee. This is subject to change if/when gas prices rise again. If you book 3 or more hours, the prices drops to $65.00 an hour.
Please feel free to call or email me with any questions you may have.

*Air Brush Tattoos and body art is now available for your party needs.
Please call or email for more info.*

No comments:

Post a Comment